Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Going to the Movies

 


Going to the movies at a theater may seem like a simple task, but it has some challenges.   Tibbs and I recently went to the theater to see the new movie "Wonka."  We walked into the theater through the front doors and the first thing my senses noticed was the smell of buttery popcorn.  It is a smell that I enjoy, but since Tibbs and I can't eat it we could definitely do without.  The large display of movie posters is always exciting.  New movies that have just come out and movies coming soon are like surprises just for you. I do not go to the movies often, but when I do it is always with a friend making it extra special. 

Tibbs is also my special movie buddy and is great at watching movies with me both at the theater and at home.   There are not many places for wheelchair seating at the movie theater. It is always a good idea to plan ahead or call and ask questions ahead of time.  I love that they have cutouts at most theaters allowing wheelchair users and non users to sit side by side.  The cutouts also allow extra space for Tibbs to get comfortable and relax. The theaters are dark and loud.  It could be very stressful for a dog that has not had this experience.  I have been to so many places with Tibbs that I know where we will both be comfortable.  Sometimes he does have his leg fall asleep and he will stand up to wake it up and reposition, but then always goes back to his down position.  Tibbs helps me when I get stressed by laying his head on my lap or my foot.  He can quietly get me things I might need without disturbing others with some hand cues.  We enjoy going to the movies together.  Tibbs and I enjoyed "Wonka"and think you might too.  

When we watch movies at home he is free to wander if he desires, but sometimes enjoys watching with me.  He is always around just in case I need him. He especially likes movies with dog characters.  I think his favorite we have watched together so far is "Beethoven's Christmas."  I hope you get to enjoy some relaxation, and maybe even a good movie this holiday season. 

 


2 comments:

  1. Anita, Ace, and I need a movie night. Maybe even a "date" night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he was able to enjoy going to the movies with Tibbs and your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Rare Disease Legislative Advocates Youth & Teen Advocacy Day

Rare Disease Legislative Advocates Youth and Teen Advocacy Day took place on June, 18th 2024. I had the opportunity to speak about important...