Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Lakeland Park - Illinois Exploring


This fall has been exceptionally warm for our area.  Last weekend Tibbs and I took full advantage and spent some time exploring outdoors. If you are ever in Central Illinois, Lakeland Park in Canton, Illinois is a neat place to visit.  They have over two miles of paved sidewalk trails.  The trails also link to the other town parks to make the trail even longer with more to see.  My dad and siblings decided to go for a run.  Tibbs and I set off on a walk and let my mom come along.  If you do not want to walk, roll, or run, they have a neat option that allows you to be able to rent a bike. There is a neat bridge that allows you to look out over the lake.  Tibbs and I enjoyed seeing how fast we could go up and down the hills.  My mom like to see how slow she could walk the hills, and we were even able to circle back around her.  Tibbs loved the smooth trails as much as I did.  

Finding a good spot to explore with lots of pavement is tricky to do in November. We enjoyed looking at all the fall leaves.   The leaves even made neat prints on some parts of the sidewalk.  The sun was so warm and beautiful this day you could even see it in the shadows.  The geese on the lakes were beautiful and we enjoyed stopping to watch them. 
We hardly saw any other people, but there would be plenty of room for all to enjoy.  It is a dog friendly park and all dogs are welcome as long as you pick up after them.  I had Tibbs wear his Hali and vest, not because he needed it, but sometimes I have found that people let their dogs interact without controlling them.  It is easier for me and Tibbs when people respect our space.  I have found that when I have Tibbs in his vest people typically will ask before interacting with him or I.  Tibbs also loves working and putting him in his gear always gets him ready to go, and excited for our adventure. I am making plans to go back for different times of the year.  They have fishing, boat rentals, a playground, grills and a picnic area, shelters, a Veterans Memorial, and even wheelchair accessible restrooms.   We also saw that it links to Big Creek Park that has a frisbee golf course we think Tibbs and I's buddy Ace might enjoy! 


  This week has continued to have nice weather.  I hope you have been able to get outside to enjoy it.  Tibbs and I are headed outside. Check back next week to see what we are up to!

  

















 

2 comments:

  1. You found a Disc Golf park to put on my list. Ace and I love trying out new places to play. I researched the course. This park looks like a slam-dunk for the short list of places to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very pretty park. I have watched my siblings run x-country there. Make sure to check out the lake at Lakeland park!

    ReplyDelete

Rare Disease Legislative Advocates Youth & Teen Advocacy Day

Rare Disease Legislative Advocates Youth and Teen Advocacy Day took place on June, 18th 2024. I had the opportunity to speak about important...